The word I used in response this morning to.. “How is life?”
Complicated but good..
8 weeks ago I was trying to figure out how much my life was going to change after surgery, my nephew was born, and everything else was going to stay the same.
Now, i am looking into buying a house and it isn’t because I have been saving for one or wanting one.. it just because it is cheaper than renting somewhere and wasting my money. Financially I have been more stressed than I even want to admit to myself. I wasn’t planning on this at all. I just spent $15k on surgery that I knew and was willing to take the debt on. Now, with this house I am looking at about $300 more a month expense than what I had budgeted my life pre-8 weeks ago. And it is still cheap considering. And thankfully I found out about needing the move AFTER deciding on surgery because I probably wouldn’t have had it.
I am looking at the whole picture. I can buy, but if i want to leave… I can rent it. I am going to be like 10 min from my sis, which makes me feel better. There is still a gym close and I know the area well. And it has so much potential to become MINE.
I guess it was when my bro in law said, “Well if you don’t love it, don’t get it” and well that just isn’t an option for me. I am seriously in a time crunch with having to get out of the house I am in, and finding something…and i do like the place, it is just that I have no idea how i will even afford to save to get the things that I want to make it my own, short of selling myself on the corner. They just bought a house 4x the amount of mine, but they saved and could afford it, I do not have that option.
I know it will all work out, and I believe all things happen for a reason.. I just wasn’t expecting any of this to be happening.
- regainingmymoxy likes this
- shayistoofly likes this
- happyhealthyheidi said:Good luck you to.
- callherhoney said:Good luck in buying your house! I want to do the same thing soon so keep me posted!
- callherhoney likes this
- discoveringtrueself said:*hugs* it’s hard, but you just need to make a list of the things you want, and then prioritise. Sometimes you’ll be able to afford the little things to make it more yours, other times it will be save for a little longer. But it’s yours.
- happilyconfused posted this